Things I am not, and things I am

I am not a photographer, and I know it.  Of course, it might help if I didn't have a broken down camera!  Actually, Mike bought me a new camera before we traveled to China last September.  I didn't like it so I keep using this one.   I'm not  a gardener, and I know it.  I love messing around outside though.  I'm not a writer, and I know that too.  


DSCN8163

I tell my kids most mothers read stories to their kids, but I just write stories about my kids.  They pretend they don't like it, but they do.  Lael reads my blog all the time.  Then, she tells me about all the mistakes I make.  Lyric also loves to read my blog.  She gets up early in the morning and gets on it before I get up and kick her off (don't like her to have too much computer time).  Boone has started to love looking at the pictures of himself.

Still, I remind myself of my out of states Aunts.  Every summer they visited Indiana.  I loved that party, but they would ALWAYS pull out their albums.  You would have to sit there and act like you were into the pictures.  It was always of all their travel, their kids and grandkids.  Don't get me wrong; they did have beautiful kids and usually I enjoyed looking at them.  : - )  Anyway,   I had my humble aunts, and my more into "the showing off" aunts.  I never thought I was, but I must be the latter.  I am a modern day "them."  OH NOOOOO!!!!!! 

DSCN8161

DSCN8160

DSCN8159

DSCN8151

DSCN8155



DSCN8197



DSCN8191

DSCN8192

DSCN8188

DSCN8195

I love, love, love Pachysandra!!  Growing up, my Dad's brother and his wife had an older home on the "right" side of the tracks.  They remodeled it and it was put on the National Historical Society's list.  Anyway,  my Aunt had Pachysandra every where.  Oh, how I loved that house!  They sold it and retired.  I don't think their kids every got over it, because they all loved it too.    

DSCN8194

DSCN8193

DSCN8179

DSCN8177

DSCN8176

DSCN8174

DSCN8175

DSCN8173

DSCN8167


DSCN8150



DSCN8144

DSCN8143

DSCN8140