It's basketball time again.  I can't stand sports.  Yes, I said it. 

IMG_9607

All I'm thinking about is--I have to wash all those ugly uniforms. 

IMG_9629

IMG_9633





IMG_9617

Saturday is game day.  The kids love to hang out there all day.  And with Boone's game starting at 9, the girls' game starting at 3 and the other kids' games in between, they do.

IMG_9619

Bret likes to keep score.   BTW, Pryor's report card said he was really the athlete.  OK, that is good. 

IMG_9620

Half time is prayer time. 


IMG_9593


IMG_9589

IMG_9588

Mike is coaching the girls.  He thinks this is all fun--oh brother.  Almost his whole team is made up of Asians.  Imagine that. Mike later asked me if he yelled too much on the floor.  I honestly said, "I didn't hear you yell any."  Cokie told him he does, but Gabrielle told him it is OK, because he is just being supportive.  How sweet.





IMG_9631



IMG_9594



IMG_9596

Shepard enjoys playing and Mike tells me he had a pretty good game (again, I don't pay much attention).  But all Shepared is really thinking is, "Dad when are we going to start installing the new bathroom floor."   That kind of thing is where Shepard's heart is at.  I'll be glad when he is old enough to do projects without Mike, because truthfully I think he is going to be a lot better at it (and quicker too!). 


IMG_9602  
But look out, Stafan is not just good out there--he is great!  One father just kept watching Stafan.  He told Mike, "If my boy keeps playing he is just going to have to go to bed at 7:00 p.m."  Yes, Stafan makes a grown man (his father) proud.   Stafan scored so many points his coach told him to stop shooting!  

Stafan told me, "the kid I was guarding kept getting mad at me  and saying oh fudge." 

IMG_9604

And then there is Boone.  Actually, Boone is pretty decent out there!  Very respectable, especially considering this is the first time he has played!  Remember he has only been with us about 18 months.  He is especially good if we are watching.   In his mind he is thinking, "I'm looking good."

IMG_9581  IMG_9582


IMG_9580


IMG_9578


IMG_9577


IMG_9576

IMG_9641

We ate breakfast out, and then again for dinner.  I can watch the kids play or I can stay home and cook.  I can't/won't do both.   : - )

IMG_9638



IMG_9645

IMG_9646