Kids, 

Mom and I have known the Smiths for a long time.  They used to attend PCC, and as far as I can tell, raised their kids right.  Some times that is not enough.  Their youngest son John made bad choices, and he is now dead because of those choices.   He was only 23 y.o.   I know that in school and other places you all are exposed to a lot of things like drugs, sex and who knows what else.  I also know that a lot of the kids you know at school and even at PCC take drugs and have sex.   Either one can wreck your life or even kill you.   I'm pretty sure none of you wants to get pregnant, get infected with a sexually transmitted disease like AIDS or die from a drug overdose.  Don't fool yourself into thinking it won't happen to you if you experiment even just one time.   In order to protect your life on Earth and more importantly your hope for eternal life with God, you need to stay as far away as possible from those things and people that can cause you to make bad choices.

"For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 

1 John 2:16 - 17 

I love you all so much. 

Dad 





I changed Mike's email above.  I  wrote the boy's name as John Smith.  He was not John Smith.  He had his own unique name.  He was a real person with beautiful blue eyes and blond hair.  He had great parents.  They raised him right.  His mother taught my kids in Sunday school for years.  I spent an entire school year with "John" when he was in 1st grade.  I'll remember him as so, so cute and so fun.  He was one of the kids that made my school year that year.  My heart and more importantly my prayers go out to his parents who didn't deserve this.  It isn't fair, but as Mike likes to say, "Fair is where you judge pies and pigs." 

IMG_9200

IMG_9196

IMG_9171

IMG_9170

IMG_9173

IMG_9160

IMG_9153

IMG_9148

IMG_9120

IMG_9119

IMG_8984

IMG_8926

IMG_8475

IMG_8473

IMG_8518

IMG_8471

IMG_9527