Our take it easy Sunday.  That is until Mike found out what went on during Sunday School.  They go to class out back of the church in what is called "The Pier."  One of the boys stirred up a wasp nest--literally.  He threw rocks at the nest, and then a little girl got stung.  But worse, "the boy" made an almost fatal mistake.  With attitude the boy said, "I wasn't the only one doing it."  Oh my word... is that like saying "He did it too?"  My Mom would have said, "That could make a preacher cuss!"  Then,  I thought my ears were going to burst with the lecture (that is being kind) his Dad gave him in the car driving to the restaurant.

We're funny about bees because of this.

communion

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.  

1 Corinthians 11:26


churchAug9

And a certain person told me I cannot blog about them after they turn 18 y.o.  Yeah right...

IMG_5891


IMG_5885


IMG_5889


IMG_5882


IMG_5878

Ran into my niece leaving church as she was going in.  She was not thrilled I made her stop for a picture. 

IMG_5879

IMG_5875

I never thought I would see the day I let my daughter wear shorts to church or me wear jeans for that matter!   Ha!  These days that should be the least of our worries though.  : - )  BTW, I don't think these shorts pass the middle school dress code.  Again, don't we have bigger fish to fry? 

IMG_5877

IMG_5873


IMG_5856

IMG_5869

I'm so proud of Boone!  Out of the blue this morning he told me he told a boy he needed to go to church and learn about Jesus.  

Me:  "What did he say?"

Boone:  "He said OK."

Then, one of the girls told me Boone was probably a lot better at it than I am.  She said I would just say you're going to Hell! : - )  But, so what?  What's wrong with being like Donald Trump and saying it like it is?  And I'm not saying I'm voting for Donald Trump, but I do think the country is loving the way he is not candy coating everything.  : - ) 

The Bible speaks of hell as a place of absolute loneliness and despair and hopelessness.  It calls it a place of “darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” Matthew 22:13

“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28



IMG_5865






IMG_5868

Won't say which one was in the dog house.  Actually they both were.  One didn't hold the door open for a mother with a daughter who was wearing two braces!  The punishment-no Sunday School.  Had to sit in church with me.  I don't think he minded too much because he sang really loud. 




Scan 152220000